ICAS Art Services
Creative picture framing solutions, Restoration, Hanging & Lighting, & Valuation of Hertfordshire, UK
Q1. How do you decide the best solution for each of your clients?
A fine frame should integrate and provide a link between the painting ( art ) and the surrounding. The frame is an essential part of interior furnishing. With over 30 years and thousands of satisfied clients, we let our experiences with natural instincts guide us through the process of finding the best solution to each of our clients’ needs. Each day brings a lot of interesting items to be framed.
Q2. What would you term as being the amazing framing project that you completed?
1. There are so many over the years from one of our clients who received a gold record for “Sweet like Chocolate” we including other memorabilia like his magazine articles in his presentation frame;
2. A art collector bringing his original Picasso drawings to be remounted and frame using conservation material framed in a thin brush silver gilt frame with UV protection glass. We believe that framing is about the balance for the right look to suit an image and also value-added to enhance the overall value;
3. To a distinguished member of our community who had his portrait commissioned, size:90cm x 210cm, we provided our full service to match profile that suited his surroundings, selecting one of the Spanish series with a hand-finished profile, the characteristic to match a modern and contemporary theme using a grey canvas slip framed with silver brush gold profile, completed the frame project with our installation service of hanging the painting 6 meters (20Ft) above the ground level;
4. framing a limited edition print titled,”5- Aminouracil” size: 148cm x 148cm (58″ x 58″) by artist Damien Hirst, we completed the order using 4″ white linen slip with flat contemporary natural white Beechwood 4″ profile (especially custom made from our local wood milling company to complete the order ) behind a deep box mounted frame. Arrange for delivery to the clients home;
- 5. In November 2007 – the year South Africa won the World`s Champions Trophy, had a surprise visit from a member of SIBISA – London urgently requiring our framing service for three items to be an auction at a dinner fundraising event. The winning Springboks 2007 South African ruby team signed shirts and photo memorable were framed using the colours of the team, the gold & green slip profile that was custom stain into a box presentation frame and delivered to Madame Tussauds, London in time for the evening event, that raised over £4500.
6. Oversize bespoke Framing
– Letchworth Garden City
over 36 years of experience in the Art of Framing are able to provide the expertise to solve any framing needs, from recently purchased original artworks; to collection of medals needing special mounting; to a signed rugby or football shirt; to a tapestry or a favourite print.
We will OFFER you a wide selection of profiles with co-ordinating mounting service to suit ..,
Visit us TODAY to discuss your framing requirements